Ginoogaming First NationMental Health & Addictions Navigator
Mental Health & Addictions Navigator
The Mental Health and Addictions Navigator (MHAN) will work for the membership of Ginoogaming First Nation as we promote healthy living by guiding clients and families through the health care and social services system to understand diagnoses, treatment options, and available resources. Developing and implementing a plan of care designed to meet the individual’s mental health / addictions needs while ensuring continuity of care. Facilitating the coordination of care for clients with chronic disease, or complex and multiple needs in the community. All services are community based.
- Assess client’s needs and outcomes; identify what can be done to improve their experience and how to reconcile differences between what patients want and what health providers believe is right for them.
- Communicate effectively with clients and their families in meaningful and productive discussion, in a way that maintains dignity, autonomy, and confidentiality.
- Ensure confidentiality and safekeeping of all of all client records;
- To network with all outside organizations available for the benefit of the client;
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and staff development training sessions as requested by the Health Director or Chief and Council
- Perform other job related duties as may be reasonably be required by the Health Director
- A minimum two-year Social Work Diploma or Diploma in related field.
- Two years’ experience developing knowledge within a First Nation culture, traditions and teachings;
- Certificate in Patient Navigation an asset
- Regulated Healthcare professional in good standing with a diploma or university degree or in health care and/or social sciences. (Social Services Worker, Social Worker, Registered Practical Nurse, etc.)
- Class ‘G’ License
Please submit your resume to:
Debbie Charles, HR Manager
PO Box 89, Longlac, ON P0T 2A0