Ginoogaming First NationAboriginal Head Start Manager
Aboriginal Head Start Manager
Ginoogaming First Nation is currently seeking a Manager to oversee operations of the Ginoogaming Aboriginal Head Start. The applicant must be a member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators, has at last two years of experience providing licensed child care and is approved by a director, or in the opinion of a director, is capable of planning and directing the program of a child care centre, being in charge of children and overseeing staff.
You must be resourceful to be successful in this role, encouraging children in accordance with educational standards.
You should also form and maintain positive rapport with parents inspiring involvement in the education of their children. You will also be required to work closely with various social programs that are a part of Ginoogaming First Nation and professionals from other organizations and maintain a high standard of care following the policies and procedures and to demonstrate professionalism by participating in ongoing professional development and learning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of domains of childhood development
- Knowledge of the related regulations, quality standards of practice and licensing requirements
- General knowledge of Aboriginal Head Start on Reserve Mandate
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Knowledge of problem-solving and conflict resolution skills or principles
- Knowledge of theories and approaches to observation and documentation techniques
- Knowledge of diversity of family contexts and the impact these have on our work with children.
- Knowledge of available community resources and organizations that support children and families
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or letter of equivalency
- Registered member of the College of ECEs
- Practicum experience in a child care setting gained through post-secondary program or equivalent.
- In good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators
- capable of planning and directing the program of a child care centre, being in charge of children and overseeing staff
- Must have a valid First Aid and Infant/Child CPR certificate as required by the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Criminal Record check
- Must be sensitive to the needs of the children and their families.
Please submit your resume to:
Debbie Charles, HR Manager
PO Box 89, Longlac, ON P0T 2A0
Closing Date: Until Filled
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Complete Covid Vaccination required