Ginoogaming First NationRegistered Early Childhood Educator
Registered Early Childhood Educator
Ginoogaming First Nation is currently seeking an RECE for the GFN Aboriginal Head Start to provide a safe, stimulating and supportive environment for the children enrolled and to plan and implement a program that will meet the development, social, emotional and physical needs of each child. Form and maintain positive rapport with parents, co-workers, student teachers and professionals from other organizations and maintain a high standard of care following the policies and procedures and to demonstrate professionalism by participating in ongoing professional development and learning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of domains of childhood development
- Knowledge of the related regulations, quality standards of practice and licensing requirements
- General knowledge of Aboriginal Head Start on Reserve Mandate
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Knowledge of problem-solving and conflict resolution skills or principles
- Knowledge of theories and approaches to observation and documentation techniques
- Knowledge of diversity of family contexts and the impact these have on our work with children.
- Knowledge of available community resources and organizations that support children and families
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or letter of equivalency
- Registered member of the College of ECEs
- Practicum experience in a child care setting gained through post-secondary program or equivalent.
- Must have a valid First Aid and Infant/Child CPR certificate as required by the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Criminal Record check
- Must be sensitive to the needs of the children and their families.
Please submit your resume to:
Debbie Charles, HR Manager
PO Box 89, Longlac, ON P0T 2A0
Closing Date: UNTIL FILLED
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Complete Covid Vaccination required