Ginoogaming First NationExecutive Secretary Trainee
Executive Secretary Trainee
Ginoogaming First Nation is currently seeking someone who is interested in being a part of a team to assist Chief and Council and Senior Management. This is a training position that is available until March 31, 2023 with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will learn the areas defined as the Executive Secretary role in the attached job description.
The Executive Secretary may be one who is a point of contact and will represent in a positive, respectful and integral manner while supporting Chief, Council and Senior Management, as well as the general public and membership.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Interest in the Administrative Assistant field
- Knowledge and experience of First Nation culture and history.
- Eager to learn
The executive secretary is responsible to support Chief and Council and Senior Management in the following areas:
- Taking minutes when required and distributing copies afterward
- Screening email communication, responding to emails as appropriate
- Researching conferences, trade shows, and other events that may be relevant to Ginoogaming Council
- Coordinating travel plans if required
- Making arrangements for meal orders, transportation, and other requests
- Conducting research for the Council
- Preparation and printing of reports, agendas, and other materials for meetings or distribution
- Proofreading and editing documents for the Ginoogaming Council
- Keeping organized and accurate records, making updates to databases
- Monitoring Filing and e-filing system
- Assisting with special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Chief and Council and Senior Management
Executive Secretary Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Friendly personality and positive attitude
Executive Secretary Core Skills:
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Computer skills including use of Word and Outlook.
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Interpersonal communication
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Proactive and Problem-solving
Please submit your resume to:
Debbie Charles, HR Manager
Closing Date: Until Filled
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.