Ginoogaming First NationAdministrative Assistant
Ginoogaming First Nation is currently seeking someone who is interested in being a part of a team to assist the staff at the Ginoogaming Band Office. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure our services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. The Administrative Assistant will be the point of contact and will represent in a positive, respectful and integral manner while assisting staff and the general public, membership.
● Grade 12 or equivalent.
● Interest in the Administrative Assistant field
● Knowledge and experience of First Nation culture and history.
● Eager to learn
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and
administrative support in order to ensure our services are provided in an effective and efficient
Program and Service Delivery Management
General duties include:
Provide office support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness:
● Receive, direct and relay telephone messages, fax messages and electronic messages
● Direct the First Nations Members and the general public to the appropriate staff Member
● Respond to public inquiries
● Open, date stamp and sort all general correspondence
● Maintain GFN Facebook and Website
● Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies
● Restock inventory for all departments
● Provide word-processing and secretarial support
● Monitor the use of supplies and equipment;
● Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment;
● Accept and receive purchase orders for supplies, recycling and travel arrangements;
● Maintain forms and lists for access by staff
● Greet, assist and/or direct visitors, members and the general public
● Ensure lobby/reception area is kept organized and tidy
● Perform other related duties as required by Chief and Council and Managers at hand.
● Immediate Supervisor
● Band Manager
● HR Manager
● Department Managers
Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary in the performance of the position and
as assigned by Chief and Council.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Represent Ginoogaming in a professional manner
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
● Ability to work independently and within a team setting
● Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Experience and Education Requirements:
● Proven experience an asset
Environmental Conditions (optional):
● Physical Effort: Moderate physical effort may be required when inventory and supplies are being replenished.
● Physical Environment: Work is primarily in an office environment
● Sensory and Mental Attention: The environment may be busy due to telephones and client or membership visits.
● Professional appearance.
● Follow all GFN Policies and Procedures and display a commitment to the values and culture of the GFN.
● Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary in the performance of the position and as assigned by the department manager, Band Manager of Chief and Council.
Please submit your resume to:
Debbie Charles, HR Manager
Closing Date: Until Filled
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.